Some of you (Kimota) may be wondering where the updates are? Well I've been really swamped at home recently and haven't really been turning on the ol' web browser at night. Some of the things keeping me busy:
- Valentine's Day prep. Maya is incredibly excited about Valentine' s day this year. She's really into crafts and making hearts and cards for various people she knows. Her day car had a Valentine's day party yesterday (the day before, I know) which required baking and stuff.
- Elliot's sleeplessness. He's getting all mixed up with days and nights and he isn't sleeping much between 2 and 5 in the morning. These leads to less sleep for me and Kelly, which in turn leads to less inclination to blog (because I can't string too many coherent thoughts together)
- Chess. I've made it into the semi final round of a couple of tournaments online. This takes my nightly computer time up. I don't have the kind of brain that can look at a position once and then work through the possibilities in my head. I have to constantly look at the actual board and work things through. It takes me 15-30 minutes to decide on each move, after which I'm normally ready to go to bed.
- Solution to the last math post. Kimota94 got the solution right (5 blog points for him) by experimentation, but I'm going to post the solution using the Simplex method of solving Linear Programming problems. The problem is the solution is very verbose and Blogger is not ideal at formatting mathematical solutions (there needs to be a Matlab like version of blogger for all the math related blogs entries that probably aren't being written because of the barrier of formatting!!!)
- A little bit of laziness. I've got a couple of ideas in mind for upcoming posts, but each will take the dedication of at least an hour to write them and I just haven't been able to summon up the energy to take them on yet.